Red Wines of Italy
Italy - what a country!
It is huge and the wine regions so diverse, from the cool Alps in the North to the sunny beaches in the South and everything in between - so many wines to explore, so little time!
We're tasting just red wine on this tasting event - some much loved classics and some new ones we hope you will love. We've done a lot of research #lovemyjob and will show at least x6 different red wines.
Eamples of wines you can expect to taste at the event are:
- Chianti - lots of different Chiantii to choose from and we'll explain why
- The Nebbiolo grape is responsible for some of those great wine from Piedmont (foot of the mountian) maybe Barolo,Barbaresco, Roero....
- Primitivo from the "Beautiful South",find out the other name for this grape
- Nero D'Avola....this one is getting trendy again
- Super Tuscan - what are they and why were they shunned by so many for so long?
- Valpolicella - this one we might just serve chilled, not many reds you can do that with but we'll explain why.
We'll also talk more generally about how to get the most out of your bottle of wine, the art of decanting, learn about tannin and the affect it has on food, the best temperature to serve wine at and why some wine gets better with age.
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Thu 24th Oct 2019 at 6.30pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Westland Coffee & Wine, 1 Westland Pl, Hoxton, London N1 7LP