Reds Wines of Spain
Join us as we tour the wonderful wine region of Spain in search of somre great examples of the well loved usual suspects such as Rioja, plus some you may not have tasted yet!
With red wines there really is something for everyone and Spain not only has a range of grapes to choose from but the climate is so varied too, from the cool, green lucious Galicia in the North West to the warm arid South - this has a huge impact on how the grapes grow and the finished product = RED WINE!
WE will be tasting at least x6 different wines but examples of wines you can expect to taste at the event are:
- Rioja - of course, how could we miss this gem off the list
- wines from Navarra, just next door to Rioja, but not as famous, could be a bargain to be had there!
- Priorat -we love this wine, it's big and bold!
- Mencia - heard of this grape before? getting trendy.
- Riberoa del Duero.....move Rioja, fast becoming more popular but lets see if you agree.
- Grenache, this grape is naturally high in sugar, what does that mean? the wines could be "natrurally high in alcohol" - we'll explian more when we see you :-)
We'll also talk more generally about how to get the most out of your bottle of wine, the art of decanting, learn about tannin and the affect it has on food, the best temperature to serve wine at and why some wine gets better with age.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Thu 14th Nov 2019 at 6.30pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Westland Coffee & Wine, 1 Westland Pl, Hoxton, London N1 7LP