Saturday Introduction to Wine Tasting Course with lunch!
11am to 4pm - tasting 12 wines, including Champagne plus a delicious 2-course lunch
This event will be hosted at Cocotte, a farm to table chicken rotisserie offering healthy delicious homemade dishes from fresh farm gown ingredients. Free-range chickens are sourced from Evron, Pays de la Loire, France. The chickens are marinated for 24h in our secret blend of herbs and spices, then slowly cooked and finished on the spit. Cocotte also offer a fantastic choice of vegan and vegetarian dishes.
If you don't like chicken or vegetarian food - this event is not for you!
Overview of the day:
· Kicking off with a Champagne Introduction then an introduction to some of the World's major grape varieties
· Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Malbec & others
· Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay & others
· How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
· How to taste wines like a pro– aroma, taste, describing wines
· Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak, when a wine if faulty
· Tutored Tasting of 12 wines
· The effect of climate on the taste of wine - do you prefer warm cliamte wines or cool?
· Which wines to buy / where to get the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
· Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 5th Oct 2019 at 11am
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Cocotte, Hoxton Square, N1 6NU