WSET Wine Level 3 Award Saturdays Sept 2019
WSET Level 3 in Wines Award is an advanced level qualification for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts.
For individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world of wines, this qualification provides a detailed understanding of grape growing and wine making. Upon completion you will be able to assess wines accurately, and use your understanding to confidently explain wine style and quality.
We will send your study guides upon receipt of payment as there is a lot to learn!
Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What you'll learn:
The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal still wines of the world, sparkling wines of the world and fortified wines of the world
How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products.
Unit 1 is assessed by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a paper of short written answers. Unit 2 is assessed by a blind tasting of two wines.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual
It is recommended that you hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
Not sure exactly what is covered in the Level 3 in Wines Course? Click here to view the full Level 3 Course Specification (with Example Questions)
• These are ideal for trade professionals and wine enthusiasts
• There are 5 full day sessions (30 classroom hours) each day starting at 10am. Plus the final exam day is from 10am - 4pm
• WSET recommends at least 54 hours of home study in addition to the 30 hours of classroom sessions.
Dates - 14th Sept, 28th Sept, 12th Oct, 26th Oct, 9th Nov, 23rd Nov = exam
• Sessions 1,2,3 - Intro, tasting technique, natural and human factors with grape-growing & human factors with winemaking
• Sessions 4,5,6 - Whites wines: Germany, Alsace, Austria, Tokaji, Burgundy, Loire, Bordeaux + Red / rose wines: Bordeaux, SW France, Loire
• Sessions 7,8,9 - Red wines: Burgundy, Wines of Rhone, S France, Spain, Portugal, Northern Italy
• Sessions 10,11,12 - Central & S Italy, Portuguese reds, Premium New World reds and whites
• Sessions 13,14,15 - Regional new world wines, Sparkling Wines, Fortified Wines
• Exam Session
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 14th Sep 2019 at 10am
Duration: 6 days
Venue: The Four Season Hotel, 10 Trinity Square, London EC3N 4AJ
The Four Season Hotel
10 Trinity Square