WSET Level 3 Wine
Online and Classroom Courses Avalable. Scroll down for Dates
WSET Level 3 in Wines Award is an advanced level qualification for wine enthusiasts and professionals working in the wine industry. Specifically, for individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world of wines, this qualification provides a detailed understanding of grape growing and wine making. Upon completion you will be able to assess wines accurately and use your understanding to confidently explain wine style and quality.
The course will cover:
- The key factors in the production of wine - location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling.
- How these key factors influence the characteristics of the principal still, sparkling and fortified wines of the world.
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
- How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Ideal, if you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products.
Unit 1 is assessed by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a paper of short written answers.
Unit 2 is assessed by a blind tasting of two wines assessed using written tasting notes.
Do I need prior knowledge?
It is recommended that you hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge.
What do I need to prepare?
Please click here to view the full Level 3 Course Specification (with Example Questions)
If you haven’t completed WSET Level 2 in Wine, we highly recommend reading the study materials for that course.
You will need six ISO tasting glasses. You can buy these yourselves or we can supply them for you at a cost of £10 for a box of six. Please let us know at least two weeks before the course starts so that we can arrange a supply.
Classroom or Online via Zoom
WSET recommends at least 54 hours of home study in addition to the 30 hours of classroom sessions
The Course Fee Includes:
- Course study guide
- Professional WSET tuition
- Examination fees
- Upon successful completion the Globally Recognised WSET Qualification, Certificate and Lapel Pin
All WSET Courses available as Gift Vouchers
Local Wine School (of which East London Wine School is a part) is the UK's largest network of WSET certified educators. Over 1,400 successful WSET candidates in 2015. Chris Powell, the founder of our network, Local Wine School, won the coveted Riedel WSET Educator of the Year 2015 award.
The Level 3 Award in Wines is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain in-depth knowledge of wines and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will
Places remaining: 4
Date/Time: 12th Sep 2020 at 9.30am
Venue: online course
WSET Level 3 in Wines Award is an advanced level qualification for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts. For individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world
Places remaining: 12
Date/Time: 10th Oct 2020 at 10am
Venue: David Game College, 31 Jewry Street, EC3N 2ET