WSET Level 2 Award Course over 6 evenings Feb 2019
WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits: Tuesday Evenings
Tuesday evenings for six sessions starting 19th February 2019
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.
The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way.
This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority (NQCF) as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Evening Courses - who are they designed for?
· We run evening sessions for those who are unable to sacrifice a working day or a weekend.
· The sessions run for 2.5 hours, starting at 7pm
· The course will culminate in a one hour exam consisting of 50 multiple choice questions. A pass mark of 55% is required.
· Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
· There are 6 evening sessions:
· 19th Feb 2019 - Session 1 - Introduction & Tasting Technique
· 26th Feb 2019 - Session 2 – Grape-growing, Winemaking, Labelling
· 5th March 2019 - Session 3 - Grape Varieties in depth
· 12th March 2019 - Session 4 - Grape Varieties in depth
· 19th March 2019 - Session 5 – Sparkling, Sweet & Fortified Wines
· 26th March 2019 - Session 6 - Spirits, Revision and Examination
What’s included in the Course Fee?
· All WSET course materials including
· Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
· Structured Wine Tastings (approx 30-35 wines)
· Course tuition
· Examination Paper
Course tutor: Samantha Alder, DipWSET
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Tue 19th Feb 2019 at 6.30pm
Duration: 2.5 hours
Venue: The Merchant, Canary Wharf, E14 4DH