Saturday Introduction to Wine Course!
11am to 4pm - including Champagne & delicious 2-course lunch in the restaurant of Cote Brasserie, Barbican
· Introduction to some of the World's major grape varieties
· Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Malbec & others
· Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay & others
· How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
· How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
· Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
· Tutored Tasting of 12 wines
· The effect of climate on the taste of wine
· Which wines to buy / where to get the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
· Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Sat 4th May 2019 at 11am
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Cote Brasserie Barbican