NEW WSET Level 3 Award Saturdays 16 Sept 2017
WSET Course Level 3
Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What you'll learn
The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal still wines of the world, sparkling wines of the world and fortified wines of the world
How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products.
Unit 1 is assessed by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a paper of short written answers. Unit 2 is assessed by a blind tasting of two wines.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual
It is recommended that you hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
- These are ideal for trade professionals and wine enthusiasts
- There are three x two hour classroom sessions each day, starting at 10am and finishing at 5:30pm with an hour break for lunch
- There are 5 full day sessions (30 classroom hours) and an exam session, spread out over 6 months. The final exam day is 10am - 4pm
- WSET recommends at least 54 hours of home study in addition to the 30 hours of classroom sessions.
Classroom Dates: 16th Sept, 14th Oct, 18th Nov, 2nd Dec, 13th Jan and 10th Feb
- Sessions 1,2,3 - Intro, tasting technique, natural and human factors with grape-growing & human factors with winemaking
- Sessions 4,5,6 - Whites wines: Germany, Alsace, Austria, Tokaji, Burgundy, Loire, Bordeaux + Red / rose wines: Bordeaux, SW France, Loire
- Sessions 7,8,9 - Red wines: Burgundy, Wines of Rhone, S France, Spain, Portugal, Northern Italy
- Sessions 10,11,12 - Central & S Italy, Portugese reds, Premium New World reds and whites
- Sessions 13,14,15 - Regional new world wines, Sparkling Wines, Fortified Wines
- Exam Session
Course tutor: Julia Lambeth
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 16th Sep 2017 at 10am
Duration: 6 Saturdays, 1 per m
Venue: Chamberlain Hotel, Minories, London