Saturday Course with Champagne & Lunch
11am to 4pm - including Champagne and a delicious 2-course lunch.
Passionate or interested about wine and want to learn more? Do you want to discover fascinating and delicious new wines and grape varieties? Do you want to taste a wide variety of wines and understand what makes them so different ? Do you want to know which wine to drink with what food? Then this is the course for you!
The day starts with a glass of champagne as we chat about how to get bubbles into wine and continues through a series of white and red wines.
- Glass of champagne - learn about the world's most famous sparkling wine
- Introduction to the world's major wine regions
- New World wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major red grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and others.
- Major white grape varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste and describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored tasting of 12 wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine matching – tips & advice.
This is a great opportunity to meet like minded people and learn more about wine with a delicious 2 course lunch included too!
Wine tasting gift voucher to the value of £90. Perfect for a place on our Saturday Introduction to Wine Course which run throughout the year. The voucher will be posted to you and
Places remaining: 81
Venue: The Chamberlain Hotel, London EC3N 1NU